Monday, February 19, 2007

woulda coulda shoulda?

last night the girls filled me in about the long-awaited weekend awards show, one that i admit interest in, but avoidance of :)

i used to care deeply about this night. it was the chance i had to redeem myself for the years that nobody asked me to the prom, or to the big game, or to marry them.

funnily enough, it always disappointed. a couple times, i won stuff. certificates that are still in a drawer around here somewhere, plaques that gathered dust in my former employers lobby, praise from my peers that faded before you could get out of the parking lot.

as humans, we certainly do seem to have a built-in need for validation. i still do, i admit that. but it seems that once you have a taste of the Lord, of what He finds important, of how He validates us, a plastic statue can no longer do the trick.

to my girlfriends who read this, and who are SO TALENTED and worthy of being recognized, i am in awe of you and your "stuff" - and i can hardly wait to play barbies with ya, and see what kind of crazy creative things you have in your head! for me, it's award enough that i get to meet and hang out with you art girls, and best of all, i don't even have to dust anything!!

2 comments:

K~ said...

Hey Bob. My talented friend. We need to chat "live" soon. K~

Cassie said...

i agree with every word! we will get together again very soon. miss ya