Wednesday, February 07, 2007

thought for today

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

I'm a thinker...by that i mean that i love to intellectualize as much as i can, as i go through my day. i think about my breakfast cereal and why i love it. i think about my cats and what they are thinking. i think about how phillip and i will grow old, and will it be a life pleasing to God. i think about my job, and what colors, and fonts and imagery i will use on my next project.

i'm pretty sure i am even thinking in my dreams. that being said, i think i think too much.

it's good to be discerning, to take pause before doing (something i NEVER did in my old life!), and to use the head you have been gifted with. but it's also good to remember that every thought should be held against the Word, and much of what we think makes sense is either NOT TRUE or has not yet been revealed to us clearly. We need to weigh our thoughts against the Word of God, and only the Word of God.

Personally, i'm glad for that. i am sick of thinking i know what to think :))

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've been thinking about this one...has Carey ever mentioned that we're alike??

bobbione8y said...

i actually think carey is still in the freak-out stage that the two of us are getting to know each other (and we really are) thru the internet!!

it's like two of her little separate worlds are colliding, and she is not quite sure what to do with it :))

i think she is pleased. however, she has yet to point out too much about our likenesses :)) he.

Karen said...

Well it's about dang time, don't you think?

This post made me think about me, 'cause I think things through until my head hurts, and I used to not think at all...

I'm so thankful to be (RED)EEMED. I'm thankful that you and Carey are, too.

:-)