Tuesday, February 13, 2007

break time


back when i worked at an ad agency, i almost always took afternoon breaks, even tho the pace was "accelerated" most days. i think most creative people do this, the trick is just not to flaunt it in front of the account staff.

anyway, my breaks usually consisted of standing on the outside of the building facing the parking lot, while a "fellow" coworker smoked. sometimes, there were multiple smokers. and me. even though i am not nor have i ever been a smoker, i was there for the complaining. because that is what we did. smoked and complained. how relaxing. or not.

nowadays, my breaks are different. for the first few years i did not really TAKE one, because i was not that busy, so all day long kind of seemed breakish. then, when it started to seem like i worked more 8 to 5ish, i brought back the "break." i like them better now, mostly because i am not smoking probably :)) he.

today on break i assembled one of my new trellises (i got two) in the living room. they are for the beans and beans and beans that i am planning on growing. i assembled one because i wanted to get a sense for how large it would be. it's not TOO big, but neither is my garden. two of these should be JUST right.

ahhh. one step closer to spring now. my neighbor and i actually stood out in the alley and chit chatted for a bit today. have not seen him since october, so it was nice. i told him that my beans were going to kick his beans' butts!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

It looks like a swingset for beans!! Bring on the Spring!!!

DeAnn said...

First I have to tell you...I love the color wall you have in your living room!! Got a name for that? And second, those trellises look great! They just sent me a breath of fresh air as I am getting tired of this cold weather. I too am going to attempt to build an archway...all the equipment is ready to roll just waiting for the warm day. I wish I had your skills because I am not confident this will turn out like I am thinking.

Great job..those beans are going to have fun this spring.

K~ said...

Love the trellise! Happy Valentines Day to you Bob! K~

carey said...

yes, a much more productive break than hanging with a bunch of whiny smokers. way more fun to hang out with cats and bean catalogs and blog buddies. you are so blessed!

carey said...

yes, a much more productive break than hanging with a bunch of whiny smokers. way more fun to hang out with cats and bean catalogs and blog buddies. you are so blessed!