Friday, February 02, 2007

prayer request


well, pray for my spending freeze tonite. not that i have any money anyway, but carey and i are planning on a shopping "date." i am committed to watching HER buy things, but anybody who knows her well, knows THAT doesn't happen except for in a blue moon :)

so, i am going to tempt myself, even though i admit it's a dumb idea. i haven't been to the mall in AGES, hopefully i'm so out of practice i will not be able to open my checkbook up. what i DO KNOW is that i'll do about anything for a night with one of my best buddies!

in other news, i got asked to go see "The Queen" this weekend too. hmmmm. this is one of those movies i'd never see unless somebody (esp. my friend kit, who knows people in the "business") dragged me there. consider myself dragged, i'm going to a matinee tomorrow. looks kind of good, though, if you remember that princess di thing at all.

then, sunday of course is a day of rest, and the superbowl - for some, this would be an impossible combination, but since football doesn't really get me too excited, it will be fine. i know enough to say "go colts" and that is about it :))

8 comments:

Susan said...

I have faith in you, you will be able to walk out empty handed.
Shelly and I went to "The Queen" last weekend and really liked it. Stay warm and have a good weekend.

Karen said...

Ok, so I broke down and bought a tall, non-fat, no-foam vanilla latte yesterday, on my way to four hours of soccer practices. Do your best, but don't make yourself miserable. Do, however, make sure that Carey buys herself something...and ask her if she went for the Brazilian...

bobbione8y said...

he he he he he.

k. i will be REASONABLE.

i guess i shouldn't say WOO HOO at this point, should i?

:)))

Karen said...

Yes, you should. It could have been a Venti...

Lisa said...

I have been following your spending fast Bobbi and you've inspired me to try it in Feb. When I saw today's prayer request post I got to thinking how ironic it is that we have such an abundance of "things" that we have to pray for help to not have "too much" when much of the world is praying to have their basic needs met. We are blessed with so much!

Karen said...

Ouch. You're right, Lisa. That is why we began the whole thing in the first place. Welcome to the Spending Fast!

bobbione8y said...

lisa - hi!! you speak! (actually there are two ghost lisa's who read my site sometimes, they tell me)

you are right. instead of praying to quit spending, it might be right to pray for HEARTS that bleed for people, for needs other than our own, for real substance instead of just another decorator pillow.

thank you :) you might just have helped my trip to the mall tonite!

K~ said...

Hey Bob, Was it good? I wanted to see that. K~