Monday, February 19, 2007

Lord have mercy

Last night I met up with the girls for the Mercy Me concert. What do you get when you mix 3 art directors with a mom from Montrose?

you get a group that forgot to go to the concert on time, and completely missed the first act .... :) however, i got to see the full-out Rani show, girl, you are hilarious.

but that's 2 strikes for Aaron Shust. darn it. oh well, i guess that means we get to try again and have another girls' night when he comes back to town!

it was a good concert anyway. i have come to the conclusion that ANY concert that worships the Lord is a good concert. bart millard (mercy me) talked quite a bit about worship. and i think he's onto something. it IS kinda weird going to a christian concert, where you are half worshipping and half sitting in your seat and clapping politely at the "songs." God must smile at arenas full of people who aren't quite sure what to do. ha.

anyway, it was fun. audio adrenaline was great, they came out into the audience, and called young people up on stage and made me wonder why God wouldn't just heal this guy's voice so he could keep doing what is obviously a gift. but alas, it looks like my first time seeing them will also be my last...for awhile, anyway.

so, thanks for the date girls! see you the next time a great christian band comes to town!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good music, good company, great conversation and a surprise worship opportunity = a super evening!

Chris said...

What has happened to Audio's voice? I haven't heard anything. I love Mercy Me, glad you had a great time. I wish I was there too.

bobbione8y said...

hey chris :)) long time, no hear!

oh, the lead singer from AA has trashed his vocal chords, you could really tell his voice was "strained" during the concert - this is their "farewell" tour - it ends in April i guess!

they were good tho, i hope that they at least record a couple more albums, i like them alot...

DeAnn said...

Mercy Me is one of my favs. They are one my MP3 player when I run and they keep inspired. Glad you had a good time!