Monday, February 05, 2007

my favorite day


i'm not quite ready to join the workforce today. i overslept, and now i'm looking at my to do list and not to doing...

i started to fantasize about my "favorite day" and wondered if everybody would want to play!

i'll get it going, here is one of the "favorite days" that i look forward to living:

* early June, when the garden is just new, and the greenhouses are still open.

* wake up early, have coffee on the back forty porch with phillip and beener and discuss the day (now modified to include siesta)

* go to farmers market for MORE coffee, and shopping for fresh veggies

* errands to home improvement stores, flea marketing etc to follow the market

* come home to "projects" like gardening, house stuff, making stuff look better in our own little creative ways!

* shower, phil makes great dinner for us to eat and maybe we try a different kind of wine that we've never had before

* walk around the neighborhood, then a movie and falling asleep most certainly before midnight :)

ahhh. it helps just to write it out. anybody else care to offer up THEIR fave?

9 comments:

Karen said...

The only one I can think of right now is R-rated and will happen in 50 days. I keep trying to come up with more, I know there ARE more, but this one is front-and-center and taking over my meager brain cells like a virus.

I promise you, it WILL be my favorite day.
:-)

bobbione8y said...

ha ha ha ha ha.

that is funny. yes, i DO know what you mean about that, my friend.

makes gardening seem kind of inconsequential ;)

bobbione8y said...

ps, was your mom happy to see you??!

Karen said...

Yes, I think so. She is my mom, though, and the first thing she said to me was, "Why did you bring so much luggage?" Lovely. Some things never change, eh? We have both drawn our lines in the sand and are getting along swimmingly now. The role-reversal is difficult, but I prayed for a servant's heart and I can feel that tiny, tiny seed in my heart start to grow. I was thinking earlier that my heart needs one of those heating pads that you use for your garden seeds...

bobbione8y said...

oh boy yes, mine too...why is it always the ones we love the MOST that we take the most license with?

i loved your post about the bathrobe, even shared it with Carey because blogger is cutting her off from all of us-

be blessed today :)

Karen said...

I am! Thanks for blessing me!

Chris said...

What do you mean, Blogger is cutting Carey off? What's going on? My perfect day invloves sleeping in, Starbucks, and a fun hike with my poochies. Then end the day with some yummy food cooked on the grill. Oh yeah, and drooling on my couch.

DeAnn said...

My fave day is hiking/biking/running in these awesome nature trails out by the lake. There are gazillions (is that a word?) of hidden treasure spots to discover, many of which I use for photos. Then grilling up supper outside while we play in the backyard, sometimes inviting friends over the join in on the feast. Then curling up with a good flick with just my hubby. Aahh, that's the life.

Okay now I really want summer to get here so I can have more of these fave days.

P.S. do you create websites? Or know someone who does? I need a new one.

P.P.S. Is Carey ever coming back?

bobbione8y said...

carey told me today that she is baaaaack, girls, so hopefully she'll be joining in again :)

ps, i don't really DO websites, D...i design them for clients but then have to hire people to build them...

websites are hard :))