Friday, February 09, 2007

good day


today i was kind of struggling to have a good day...first off, i have a killer toothache, have been avoiding the dentist and now it looks like i waited too long.

then, it's not been a real good week with clients, lots of silly stuff, but it's been bothering me none the less.

this afternoon, i had a meeting scheduled with my church, because they wanted to talk about some items they "needed designed." i know from past experiences, they are always super nice, but usually super disorganized too and not really too visionary. i have always seemed to work with OTHER churches better than my own (actually, that's good, cause i don't go there to work :))

so, we met, and i got as much info as they had. which wasn't a whole lot. but something in me really really clicked on the way home from the meeting. i got a vision almost immediately of what i should do for them! so here it is, 9:30 and i have created a whole new campaign in the last 5 hours. it's basically "stuff" to raise awareness of and funds for a new endowment fund, so that underpriviledged kids can go to our Christian Center School. i'm calling it the Strong Roots Foundation.

and suddenly, even with the throbbing tooth, i feel good. deep down good, like i helped God make something just now. man, i am so blessed that He lets me do that!!! oh, it's based on Ezekiel 31:7

It was majestic in beauty,
with its spreading boughs,
for its roots went down
to abundant waters.

now i just hope the humans like it :)

6 comments:

Anne said...

Love LOVE!

bobbione8y said...

:) hey friend!

oh, i am so excited lady - have worked on it almost nonstop since yesterday, they will be a bit shocked i think...

must be a God thing!!

i miss you!

Susan said...

It looks amazing. I can't believe you did all of that with a toothache.

Now call that dentist. (that was the mom in me)

Cassie said...

oh I LOVE the look and the concept! you = amazing :o)

Unknown said...

Love the tree and the roots. I wish I had 3 of your creative brain cells to use while making valentines today.

Chris said...

It's beautiful, I love it!