Tuesday, February 06, 2007

(RED)


okay, since my shopping partner has talked about our mall trip friday nite, i have to put in my two cents worth.

i did kind of like going to the Gap. i really really like that new ad campaign called (RED) that bono has come up with to raise money to fight aids in africa.

what happens is, the participating company can put their OWN logo in between the parentheses of the "red logo" and then it's their brand. it's an advertising thing, but it works. other participating companies are motorola, apple and more.

gap has done a fine job with their end and come up with good words like INSPI(RED) and TREASU(RED) as well as some not-so-good words like HAMME(RED) to put on clothing.

i really really really want one, but they don't have the word that i think would be just perfect: (RED)EEMED.

:)

8 comments:

Karen said...

I have been struggling with this one. I am becoming more and more choosy about what I advertise on my clothing. I'm all for helping orphans, widows...heck, anyone. I think I'm not so much for making GAP rich in the process. Spending fast or not, I just can't buy this stuff.

I would, however, buy your (RED)EEMED shirt.

bobbione8y said...

yes, i know that i am probably just drawn to the glossy advertising.

thanks to the spending fast, i didn't buy anything either :)

Karen said...

Good job! Not sure I could have withstood the temptation. Here, this week, I have been tempted to buy....a chapstick.

Karen said...

Maybe it's the boobs I object to. Lord knows, I am SO TIRED of seeing people's boobs.

bobbione8y said...

i hear ya.

i'm all for keeping one's boobs to oneself if at all possible :)

Karen said...

AMEN. In Soddom, half-naked or mostly-naked boobs are like an accessory. You know, necklace, earrings, belt, BOOBS. That line from Christmas Story is constantly running through my head..

Lisa said...

It turns me off also - too much abot the GAP and selling sex appeal and not enough about Africa. Another turn-off - the big kickoff for the Campaign was done with BONO and OW shopping on Michigan Avenue. It was sickening - I am so glad I am going to boycot. If you know who really has it going on...it is Flylady? Do you know her? Check out that website. She's even a Christian!

bobbione8y said...

flylady?

never heard of her! i will look!