Wednesday, February 03, 2010

trailer love

this is a trailer that i found online, in mobridge for $14,000.
i think i could make it lovely.


last night, i was watching '19 kids and counting' and i think i saw that the oldest son, who just got married, is living in a trailer.

since my 'trailer post' has been kicking around in my head for days, here goes.

i grew up in a trailer. actually, 3 that i remember. the first one was very cute, kind of rounded at the corners, very tiny and i was just a baby.

the 2nd one was bigger and white/tan with a huge flower bed in the front.

the 3rd one is the one i consistently recall in my dreams. it was brand new when we got it, and i don't think i have ever been so excited about anything in my life. green shag carpet, HUGE living room with fake wood and textured white panels, new avocado appliances, the works...i was asking some friends over the weekend, what do you think it means when you dream that you have decided to move into your old homestead even though other people live there and it's not yours anymore? so you sneak in and live there, and hide when you think they are coming back? hmmmmmmm. this is a long time recurring dream.

anywhoo. back to trailers. recently i've begun seeing them pop up on design sites. revamped, of course. i am kind of starting to like that idea!! i can see one set up on a little lake, maybe a 'weekend cabin' type of thing. take a look at some of the old beauties i have found....that bottom one is the thing i am dreaming of :)


9 comments:

Anne said...

BOB!! Time for a quick 8 minute cartoon break. One of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9p8iaKVOAw

totally your dream one!

carey said...

we have talked about the fact that as a kid, i just assumed everyone lived in trailers. ours had shag YELLOW carpet with wood paneling. i had my own bedroom AND bathroom at one end, with big windows. i thought i was the luckiest kid ever.

bobbione8y said...

anne. i was waiting for the feedback from you. ha.


carey, yes, thank the LORD nobody ever told us that living in a trailer was not cool. because of course, we are...:)

Anne said...

Also, I lived in a trailer when we first moved to Sioux Falls. My experience probably isn't as rosy as yours and Carey's. I slept on the couch in the living room. I decided to run away, packed my plastic suitcase, mom made me a lunch and I moved to the playground (within site of the trailer). I was 5.

bobbione8y said...

WOW! we are all meant to be friends!!! L&S and trailers, that is our connection. who knew :)

cherk said...

Oh my gosh, Carey I never knew!! Here I grew up going to high school and ashamed being the only person I knew who had lived and still lived in a trailer! I used to put my feet on one hallway wall and my hands on the other and "walk" up all the way to the celing, it was awesome!

cherk said...

Oh my gosh Carey I never knew! Here I went through high school ashamed for having lived in and still living in a trailer. I used to put my feet on one hallway wall and my hands on the other and "walk" up to the ceiling-that was awesome

bobbione8y said...

omgosh!! we all have lived in trailers :))) i love that. cher, my brother and i did the same thing. you cannot beat the hallway of a trailer for THAT activity!

Anonymous said...

nice one, i just added up tons of another emo backgrounds on my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info