Thursday, February 18, 2010

spice it up

one of the things i am realizing in my new, healthier way of eating, is that spices are a good thing. i am not a huge fan of chicken. it's fine, but man, very bland. i have been eating more fish than anything, but still, kinda bland unless you do something to it.


for years, i have been hearing about this place. so today, i placed my first order. $30 of various spices will be coming my way. i bought mostly 'blends' like garden blend, seasoned sea salt, etc. i hope there is something good in there to inspire my inner bobby (flay, that is).

3 comments:

Karen said...

Can't wait for a report on this!

Anonymous said...

Bobbi-seriously,checkout Nina Simmonds "the Spice of Life" I got it at the 1/2 price books. It gives a lot of info on health properties of spice. Cinnamon is supposed to moderate blood sugar.I got a Cinnamon Dolce at SB,and nearly spit it all over my car, so I'll have to find another venue for cinnamon,but it's along those lines.
Also, if there is a place to get bulk spices in SF, try that, you can always blend them yourself.That way if you hate it, it's a few cents lost not a couple of bucks
Good Luck

bobbione8y said...

lisa - just ordered it on amazon for $3.20...thanks. yes, i need to shop the coop to see about spices. penzeys is not super cheap, but not bad for a start...

can't believe you heaved on the sb cinnamon drink, although i have to tell you sb is NOT my favorite. still a mn gal at heart, so i choose caribou when i drink out.