Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a tale of two bobbys

sorry, i have a dual post today. i kind of hate doing that to you, but i have 2 things on my mind. bobby/bobbi things.



first off, i need bobby flay. i'm pretty sure he could help me with my dilemma about how to make a rocking fish taco. i tried the other night, and it turned out ok. but not wonderful. i used the frozen tilapia fillets i had in the freezer. just thawed them and fried in a pan, with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and lime juice. like i said. ok. bobby would probably bring some chipotles to the table, and spices. lots of spices. just in case he doesn't read my blog, i would appreciate one of you sharing a really yummy recipe!



okay. now for bobbi. yesterday, i had some great bobbi time. reminds me why snowshoeing is the kind of thing i would enjoy. there is something very compelling about the solitude of nature. i'm pretty sure God made it that way.

nature in winter is even more special, more peaceful. i went snowshoeing around Covell lake right in the middle of town, with cars driving by and houses all along one side. and felt like no one was there but me. and some birds. and some minor rustling i saw in the trees, maybe a bunny or some other little creature.

i liked it. even though i was walking on WATER, as lou pointed out (not a huge fan of water). next up, more girl time with lou whilst enjoying nature. no better girl time to be found. either way, i think i may have discovered the perfect excuse to get out of going to the gym :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fish = I only eat it two ways, unless it's shrimp;

fresh caught walleye that dad fries up in a pan

something from Schwan's

sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

Bobbi,

It looks like God made you for snowshoeing or snowshoeing for you, either way it sure seems like you found your niche :) I am so happy for you and I love the photos, hasn't the sunshine been great? The kids are sporty sunglasses on their walk to school...

bobbione8y said...

yeah, rani. good point. the quality of the fish probably matters as much as anything.

bobbione8y said...

ps. schwans is kind of not my thing. my 'date' with the schwans man only lasted one short month. yucko. i must not have purchased the right stuff.

Karen said...

Um, did you know that Tilapia is the fish with the highest levels of mercury?

I would have fried it with cumin and chili powder and then added a whole bunch of salsa (corn and bean!) and then squeezed the lime over a ton of cilantro.

Your snow pictures are gorgeous. GORGEOUS. Everything here is iced-over and tromped on and there is no longer that lovely pioneering sense of going where no man has gone before. We had to cut our Monday outing short b/c the icy snow cut Molly's paw and the bloody snow terrified the crap out of me. :-(

bobbione8y said...

oh, poor molly. i did have to cross a snow fence to get down to the lake yesterday. glad the coppers were not around to catch me in what was surely an illegal act :)

i will try cumin! not sure about chili powder, it's one of my least fave spices. that WAS my homemade corn and bean salsa, along with a dollop of greek yogurt. that part was fine ;) and something besides tilapia. maybe cod.

Karen said...

I noticed the salsa on my second drive-by. :-) Maybe it registered subconsciously the first time through.

How would the coppers have caught you? You're nearly INVINCIBLE on showshoes!!!

bobbione8y said...

i will be a little more invincible when i stop falling down all the time ;)

carey said...

you are really making me want some snowshoes. i have this vast white lake just begging to be crossed. i was thinking cross country skiis, but maybe snowshoes? i went for a run on this precious sunny/snowy day and man, oh man. I LOVE OUTSIDE.

cherk said...

I love how all of you are snowshoeing and wanting spring because winter has been so long and all I want is one big, gigantic snow STORM! Bobbi-have a rockin fish taco recipe-and trust me it looks better than the meatloag!

bobbione8y said...

cher - if you have a moment to post the fish taco recipe, that would be great. i am still hoping YOU get the next snow storm!

carey. you might like either cc skiing or snowshoeing. i went at NIGHT last night. finally starting to understand jamie ;)