Monday, February 08, 2010

depraved


this is what i want for breakfast. in fact, most all of the weekend, all i thought about was sweets. now, i know that going sugarless for a couple weeks is SUPPOSED to lessen your dependency on sugar. i am seeming to find the reverse to be true. sugar is good! sugar is my favorite food! sugar is my reason for living!

yeah. with that kind of attitude, you can see how i am bound to succeed. i also started to list the benefits of being fat this weekend:

1) you stay warmer.
2) it's a nice cushion when you sit on a hard chair.
3) the cat has something to sit on when i pet her.
4) clothes come MUCH larger than i am!


you see where i'm going .... not sure that depriving myself is doing alot of good. except for making me a bit silly in the head.

week #2, you just might have a shot at winning this one.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

It is all about moderation Bobbi. Take it from another sugar addict - you can cut down but it is really hard to cut it out completely. But don't give into a full-blown sugar fest!! I try and scare myself into the threat of diabetes...cut back on sugar to stay healthy is better motivation for me than the motivation of being thin. Hang in there and you'll make it through week two. Try reading some motivational stuff on CalorieKing...I like their site.

bobbione8y said...

yep. lisa, i hear ya. my mom was diagnosed with diabetes last year. kind of scared me into reality.

however, she lost 40 pounds by moderate diet changes and walking on the treadmill. once she lost the weight and changed the pattern, she now eats sweets in moderation. she is not on meds, and is no longer showing signs of diabetes.i figure if my 66 year old mom can do it, so can i!!

oh. ps. being 'thin' is not the motivation. God knows, i don't even want to be thin! but since you cannot SEE healthy, i guess i picture a skinnier me as motivation.

i will look at calorie king...thanks ;)

Karen said...

I have no advice, but am sending prayers your way!

Karen said...

Just saw this post title!!!

bobbione8y said...

:) yeah. that was meant as a funny.

cherk said...

I am wishing you luck in whatever you choose. I do think moderation is best, when I deprive myself so strictly, it becomes all I can think about!