Monday, February 01, 2010

day one


so, today is the day that i was going to start the 2 week challenge for the mayo clinic diet. it's 8:38, and i already broke one rule - not to eat any sugar. have you ever eaten oatmeal without anything sweet in it? um. not good.

anyway, i am off to a pretty good start. this has been my routine breakfast for the past few weeks, and i like it. so there. the big worry i have is incorporating 30 minutes of exercise into each day. that seems hard. today, i'll need to go downstairs and clear out a way for the treadmill to operate, it's BURIED. wish me well with that ;)

otherwise, the book (which is NOT a diet, really, it's just all the stuff you know you should do, and graphically pleasing) says that keeping a food / exercise journal is a good idea.

anybody who knows my crazy weight history knows how obsessed i used to be with both items. i literally weighed myself 10 or 20 times a day for YEARS. so, i'm not really nuts about going there. in fact, i will not weigh in. that is a rule for me :)

but, i did find a really cool journal on the web for food/exercise/dieting. it's called 'fat secret.' i'm not sure i love the name, but after checking it out, i think i'll give it a go. there is something kind of gratifying about entering in what you ate (btw, the food list is incredible...they did have the Bob Mills 5-grain cereal with flax seed that i've been eating in there). and it charts the ratio of fat/protein/carbs etc. that is something i need. i know it's going to tell me i need more protein :)

so, on this grey monday with not much else to offer, this is kinda fun. wish me well on my journey!

5 comments:

carey said...

i should join you on your healthy food journey. i eat far far too much junk.

as for the exercise, i do know a lot of people doing the jillian michaels DVD and liking it. it's 20 minutes and hits your whole body pretty efficiently. this plus some long walks and eventually some runs/bike rides might be just the ticket to go with that cauliflower.

bobbione8y said...

thanks care. yes, i do need to get jilian or somebody to kick me into action :)

and yes. you should do the food journal. it's a little eye-opening to see you've eaten nothing but carbs all day long :)

Unknown said...

hmmmm


hmmmmm


hmmmmm

two things...

Ryan made lunch today cuz I was on a rampage of rearranging furniture and wouldn't stop to cook; barbeques, deep fat fried french fries and moz. sticks and strawberry pop, I was starving and ate it, even though I knew I shouldnt'...

Did you know netflix has workout dvd's? I have a couple on my queue that I can't wait to try out, Jillian is one...

KristieLou said...

Rani: I remember our frantic rearranging days. That was so fun and remember how much Cindy hated us for it? Ah...good memories :)

I had a pepsi and a caramel roll today...not the healthiest!

Unknown said...

oh the memories...we didn't know how good we had it, no toddlers taking apart everything we just did...no chunks of petrified food in the corners...sorry bobbi