Thursday, February 04, 2010

need.


this is the time of year when my thoughts become rather one-dimensional (arguably, that is more than once a year). but seriously - almost daily - i think about tomatoes.

man, what i wouldn't give for a real tomato. i am finding the hothouse ones in the store are okay, but they are still pretty low wattage compared to the real deal.

i am not sure if i will start seedlings this year or not. frankly, they were fun, but i'm not sure the results are worth the effort. and i am not going to plant quite so many plants this year.

that means the wait will have to be extended till about may. i am not sure i can do it :) in the meantime, i will look at the pictures!



i am also looking forward to replanting the row of bushes along my back property line. they have been missing and my yard has been kind of bare for the last couple of years. but i think i have decided that too much work would be involved to level the yard and build a large retaining wall.

what to get, what to get?!! oh spring!!! come soon :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

My mother-in-law and I have been talking tomatoes. I think I'm going to search for some kind of community garden to plant in this year.

On a sad, sad note, the gas company dug up and destroyed my four-foot wide hosta while laying the line for the fireplace. :-(

cherk said...

Hmmmm I have been thinking the same thing. We too are plottng-no pun intended-how we are going to the garden this year. I even had a dream about it! Definitely no seeing though, that didn't work so well here!

K~ said...

Just thinking yesterday that I am going to start cleaning up all my indoor plants after my knick knack project is over!! That is definately a ready for spring project for me. K~

bobbione8y said...

yep kirst, this year i MUST come to st paul in the spring...is highland nursery still there?!