Monday, February 15, 2010

today i decided

to make reservations and spend a week at a really lovely place in the woods. in minnesota. by the water. with a friend. for a week. when it's warm. which is not soon enough.


the only trouble i can imagine so far, is that i will miss my kitty. darn, to be so attached.

otherwise, it is lovely. i will bring my turquoise camera. and a book. and some comfy shoes. and the coffee pot. and the waffle maker. and a nice quilt for the evenings.


here is what my house will look like. i kind of love how simple it is. i love the little kitchen. i actually love that everything looks little.


and here is the living area. there are 2 bedrooms, and a little screened porch facing the water. lots of water. and wood for a bonfire, they tell me.

and we will spend our days exploring and antiquing and eating at quaint little diners when we are not cooking at 'home.'

oh, how fun it will be. i kind of wish i was going today.

7 comments:

KristieLou said...

I can't wait to go! I wish we were going tomorrow.

p.s. I was just about to blog about this and you beat me to it!

:)

bobbione8y said...

you blog too :) i want to hear your perspective!!

Anonymous said...

I think I stayed there about 10 years ago. In between Split Rock and Gooseberry? Don't forget the most underated, yet best state park: Tetaguchi-my favorite
Lisa

Karen said...

OH! It looks so lovely!

I'll miss you!

cherk said...

That looks perfect!

bobbione8y said...

Lisa, yes, those are Gooseberry Park cabins. i bet they are pretty much the same as they were 10 years ago!

i will check out the tetaguchi :)

Unknown said...

:)