Tuesday, January 05, 2010

there's a reason why it's called Good News

working away, having a good productive day. just glanced at the local news website that i review every few hours. here are 7 of the top 10 stories i just pulled off the site:

Plane crashes near Chicago suburb

Police suspect Sioux Falls man found at fairgrounds was murdered

Gas leak forces closure of several SDSU buildings

PUC approves 7.4% rate increase for Xcel Energy

Fla. police nab pot grower after leaving ransom note for plants

Man pleads not guilty in Huron shooting

Roaches, rats, then arson used in Atlanta strip club feud

Good Lord. no wonder people are stressed out all the time?! if not for the Lord, and the promises of His Word, i would not be very excited about this life.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

and AND... I got your Christmas card returned to me in the mail today :(

bobbione8y said...

:) i was kind of wondering when every body else was talking about theirs. i was trying not to feel bad, he he.

Karen said...

I think this ALL THE TIME! I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get out of bed in the mornings without the Good News. Sometimes it's hard even with it. :-)

Why am I so hesitant to share it if it's so darn good??

bobbione8y said...

i know, karen! this is SIOUX FALLS. two murders in one little snippet!! kriminey! if this doesn't bring us to our knees, what will?!

ps. quit saying out loud (and in your head, too) the opposite of what you want to be. that is my advice to you for the year :)

bobbione8y said...

ps. perhaps i should clarify ;)

you are NOT HESITANT! you are a Jesus-loving, blogging, STUD of a woman!

ha.

bobbione8y said...

pps. can women be studs?!

Karen said...

YES!..and thank you. :-)

cherk said...

I agree where is the happy news newspaper?

DeAnn said...

funny...i have a broadcast degree. thought i wanted to tell the news each and every day. but little did i know then that i could never do it. ever. i can't even listen to the news. i think i would be sad all the time...another proof of God's plan for each of us, huh?!

Unknown said...

Quit saying the opposite of what you want to be...

By golly, that's probably the best advice my unhearing ears have ever heard. Here's to hoping I listen!

I get lost in the admitting my faults part and kind of forget how to ever move forward. I digress...

bobbione8y said...

can you tell that was part of pastor's message on sunday?!!! stand on Truth! we are 'instead'!!!

it's my new favorite thing :)

Karen said...

Write me up an Instead post, will you? Sounds like Rani and I could sure use one.