Thursday, January 28, 2010

keeping it real


it's 3:20, and i'm frazzled today. just a full day of talking, strategizing, busy but not accomplishing, and wondering how much more of this i will be able to handle before my brain explodes into small bits... actually, it's not a bad day, just a draining one.

i just now remembered this devotional. a friend told me over the weekend that she is reading it, and it has been blowing her mind. i have had a copy for about 3 or 4 years, just never got around to reading it yet.

so, i started 2 days ago, reading a devotional a day. and each day, it has been as if God has walked up, told me to have a chair next to Him, and said what is on His mind and heart concerning me. it's just that 'real.'

so now, in the midst of the afternoon brain drain, i decide to go see what day #3 says, desperately wanting God in the mix of all of the 'stuff floating around in the head.'

here goes.

Incline your heart to Me, and attune your ear to My Voice. For I would speak to you, and I have an urgent message to give you. Do not set out to establish your own designs. I have already set in motion My divine will and purpose, and I would not have you interfere. I am jealous of my children; They are Mine, and you shall not intrude in any way to hinder My plans from working out. Yes you may do many things, but only that which I direct you to do can have My blessing. Resign all into My hands - your loved ones as well as your own self. Be obedient to the small voice. Your own imaginings may speak more loudly, but wait upon Me always. You will see the Wisdom in this in due time. Fret not about carnal things. concern yourself first and always with spiritual values. Truly, my promise is still: Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all other needful things will be added to you.

oh peeps. you don't even KNOW how much of that up there is God talking to me. all of it, i tell you, all of it. whatever you are doing, stop right now and think about how much He is in it, and longs to have a chat with you.

wow.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you. This is just what I needed this morning. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh thank you for sharing that (and thank you Lord)

what a gentle reminder when we are feeling any bit closed in, we can and should always look upward :)

Happy Friday!