Wednesday, January 27, 2010

clean eating


finally, after 4 days of nothing but coffee, fast food and computers, i HAD to make a decent dinner last night. it's true what they say about food that LOOKS good, tastes better. this was a beautiful stir fry! it was yummy, too. and i used up the veggies in my fridge that were getting almost too far gone to be good.

i really wish i could get back into being healthy. it's getting serious folks, but i am struggling with the consistency to change.



i did order this book, which came yesterday. i skimmed thru it, and there is really no new information in it, although it's nicely designed ;) that is because there is no new news concerning a healthy lifestyle. eat less, move more.

i was pretty proud that when i looked at the recipe section, almost an EXACT replica of the previously prepared dinner was in there. except i need to use a LITTLE less olive oil, and brown rice instead of minute rice.

yum. i wish i could make these changes stick this time.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

:-)

I will add your efforts to my prayer journal, Bob. Let us help, we're mighty good at giving advice (not so bad at encouragement, either).

Karen said...

Um...probably no Crash Hot Potatoes in that book, eh?

Anne said...

or Alfredo Sauce. :)

Would you be interested in going to the gym with me ever?? I can get you a free pass if you would like to try it out.

I have found that the best way to stick to something (anything) is to have accountability and fellowship.

Even when I don't want to go... I go because I have people there. :)

Let me know... it would be your decision to WANT to do it but I would be there for you.

It has become something that is a part of my day. My body looks forward to it as much as my mind does. Part of an entire body/mind/spirit wholeness. Christ will honor us in caring for his creation and that includes our earthy body. We find peace, energy and strength when we step into wholeness.

I am passionate about this. Ha. Sermon over. Let me know.

Anne

bobbione8y said...

hi Anne, i kind of have a remembrance of gym as being a hell experience. i know, though, that the accountability portion is nice. i will think about it, and if i can get the courage up, or if i cannot seem to get jumpstarted myself, i will come calling.

i agree. i felt SO much better when i was fit. it was just nice not to fall asleep at 10:30 am :) ha.

you girls are the best! i am ready for this!

Karen said...

Speaking of clean eating--I put your granola on top of my organic oatmeal-with-flax this morning. It was

HEAVENLY.

I can't wait for tomorrow morning so I can have it again.

Anne said...

hmm. if your gym experience is 'making ugly faces in the mirror while grunting' and 'roid-raging men competing for the next machine' or spending hours running nowhere really fast on a treadmill with cnn or a soap-opera on the flatscreens---this is not gym of which I speak.
Think more like a separate room away from the machines. Almost always just women of all shapes and sizes. Music and laughing abound. We have a really good time!

Unknown said...

*sigh* me too, B, me too...
I stood in the Target aisle today staring at the excercise dvds wondering why I could not spend 15$on myself to get healthy...in the end I did not do it, wish I knew there was something I would stick to, then I could justify it.

bobbione8y said...

:) no, although i do have memories of almost coming to blows over a treadmill with a middle-aged woman at SV wellness back in the day.

i am just not really a social worker-outer. i used to go to fitness first with carey, and i even kind of wished SHE was not there :))

i need to prioritize the time, first. then, i need to get walking. then i need to decide if other people need to be involved! ha.

rani. i wish we were neighbors sometimes.