Saturday, January 23, 2010

new very very favorite



wow. am i ever excited to have 'curb appeal' back on the air. and 'curb appeal: the block' is even better than the old show, which i LOVED. i really watch every rerun of that show there ever was.

now, we have john gidding as a host. i didn't love him so much when he was doing interiors on 'designed to sell.' but really, i'm not a huge fan of that show anyway. the stuff is kinda too cheap and quick.

but john is bringin' it to the outdoors. it's kinda cool that so far, they are working in and around atlanta, which is apparently where his design studio is located. i LOVE georgia homes and neighborhoods. my beloved south. pretty yards and great charm. and john is kind of cute in a much-too-pretty-to-be-a-boy kind of way.

anyway, check it out if you have not seen it yet!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

He is a little too pretty. Kind of like Ryan Seacrest. I'm always amazed at how that dude has so many jobs doing nothing.

Will have to try out your show. We watched Holmes on Homes this weekend.

bobbione8y said...

oh, he is dang cute. he is winning me over big time. just a really good smile, and he digs in the dirt and gets dirty too ;) much better than that nasty australian dude.

cannot do holmes. he scares me, and i would not invite him to my house. he also needs to lose the necklace :)

Karen said...

He's right up the WH's alley. All that free-for-all destruction. In the episode we watched yesterday, they did this cool thing with light walls and dark trim/moulding/ceilings. Have you heard of this? What do you think?

bobbione8y said...

yeah. not into that. i cannot help but feel that is a trend that is not going to last.

John Gidding said...

Hey there - thanks for watching and for all the nice comments! (oh, and keep watching DtS because my later shows have a much higher-end feel for them since I started custom building a lot of things.)

:)
ps, someone sent me a link to this post, so I thought I'd comment! We're working on season 2 of Curb Appeal and I think you'll like it!

be well
john