Sunday, January 17, 2010

revisiting.....

since karen asked us to go back in our blog archives, i have done a bunch of reading backwards...i do think that the 'journal' aspect of my blog is one of the really good things that have come from it. i guess it's like the diary keeping of my youth, only a LITTLE less private ;)


one thing i found was my recipe for granola. after a trip to the store to stock up on supplies, i made a batch this afternoon. oh! i love it so much, as much for how beatiful it looks as anything.... i think it's a wintertime thing...very much a comfort food.

4 comments:

KristieLou said...

so do you eat it dry or in milk? and is it chewy or hard?

kind of want to make some...but I am kind of granola picky ;)

bobbione8y said...

this is dry granola, meant to be eaten with milk. i actually use it to sprinkle on my yogurt, mostly :))

and sometimes i sprinkle it on oatmeal, so that the oatmeal has some texture to balance out the oatmealiness.

i will bring you some ;)

bobbione8y said...

oh ps. it is chewy, but more on the dry side...i guess if you added more liquid, it would be chewier, but then it would have more calories too. for this batch, i cut down on the oil some and added more water.

Karen said...

Just stopped by to get this recipe for my commissary list. I see you've posted over the weekend, but I'm making myself wait until tomorrow to read them. It makes Monday nicer. :-)