Tuesday, January 26, 2010

another larry

my friend lou is a hidden computer expert. i am starting to call her my 'hidden larry.'

it's kind of funny, because she doesn't look like a computer expert at first glance. she is like me, she likes pretty things. and vintage things. and fluffy things.

but really, she is this other thing too.

last night i was whining about all the stuff that larry has to fix yet, including that i cannot use my computer on the couch, because it keeps asking for a password, and i don't have one. the conversation is funny. she is the one in green. i am in orange.

i need larry to remember my password for me. he must have put one on without telling me.

'no, you have a password.'

no. i don't. i hate passwords, and i always ask to not have them.

'yes. i asked you for it when i was over that one time, and you gave it to me.'

what is it?

'first. you go to keychain access. then scroll down to blah blah blah blah blah. a box will pop up on the left. click okay. what does it say?'

oh!!! there it is. my secret password. how did that get there?

'moment of silence.... which really means, i told you so...'

i am really happy, because you can never have enough larrys.

13 comments:

KristieLou said...

i think my favorite part of the conversation was when you found the password and said...

yeah that is not a password that larry would have come up with.

that made me laugh!

disclaimer: just so people don't think i actually know what i am doing...i only know about macs :)

bobbione8y said...

yeah. that was good stuff. ;)

Cassie said...

i love this :o)

bobbione8y said...

cass, it was classic. you would have enjoyed ;)

KMOSS said...

In Bob's defense, I had the same problem. Turned out that Dan (can't blame Larry) made up a password for me and didn't tell me.

It could happen, Bob, I'm just sayin...

And I think it's very funny how often Larry has been mentioned in your blog lately. Don't you think all this is worthy of a picture so everyone has context?

bobbione8y said...

kristi, i love larry :) i have actually thought to myself "i wish i could search how many times i have blogged about larry on my blog."

i know. i was quick to blame the man, and now i feel bad :)

KristieLou said...

shoot he was just here...i could have taken a picture for you.

Karen said...

Yes, we definitely need a Larry photo, since he is such a prominent part of your life.

I can see why you want to stay local with the buying of electronics.

bobbione8y said...

ok. so he is coming over tomorrow at 11. any bets on whether or not he will let me take his picture for my blog?!

Unknown said...

did you know you can put a search bar on your blog? it is in your layout settings thingys...oh just ask Kris

:)
Then you can search Larry and count how many times!

I have met him btw, he is TALL!

Unknown said...

at least I think that was Larry, it all got messed up in chemo brain.

bobbione8y said...

yes, rani, larry IS tall.

and no - did not know about the search thingey! i am imagining it's not 'designery' enough for me, which i hate to admit takes first priority.

:)

Karen said...

You already have the search thingy. Look up in the top left hand corner of your blog. I use it all the time (mostly looking for recipes you've posted).