Saturday, January 09, 2010

grateful

spending a good day cleaning...i am once again straightening my office, it's the one room in my house i have a hard time keeping organized. probably because it's small, and FULL.


i put up my big bulletin board again, in a different spot. this time, i put some work projects up, because it's been a few years since i displayed any of those. over the christmas break, as i was 'doing nothing' except having my spirit rebuilt, i realized that i have spent the last few months whining and complaining about my job, when in fact it's the best job in the world. with the best clients and the best coworkers and the best hours and the best benefits. i hope to be more grateful this year.


speaking of grateful, i've been meaning to show you the christmas gift i got from kirsten. does she understand me, or what?!!!

kirsten is one of my oldest friends that i keep in touch with regularly. i think it was kind of neat that on christmas day (when i was snowed in at home) i got to open the one gift i had under the tree, which was from her. i love this little hand-crocheted pillow! kirsten is my crochet hero. she takes risks, and combines texture and color in a fearless way. i love her style ;) i also love that she and i trade homemade gifts almost 100% of the time. very meaningful to me. thanks dear!

okay - more cleaning to do! happy day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Cleaning is good for the soul. I can't believe I said that, but I swear it's true. The Wonder Hub single-handedly packed up Christmas today, cleaning will take place tomorrow.

That pillow is GORGEOUS.

Unknown said...

I would love to feel that pretty pillow, it looks comfy.