Wednesday, October 14, 2009

planes, trains and irritation


so, i thought i was out of the woods, what with the early winter and all. i have not heard the roar of a harley, or a peep out of the neighbors who love noise for a couple of weeks.

i did notice another vehicle added to the lineup, a junker from about 1971, but seriously, these people rotate dogs, cars and other things with motors like i rotate yarn projects. i was not too worried.

today, however, it seems said junker will not start. so, for going on FOUR HOURS as of now, i have heard "whirrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, stop." "whirrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, stop." "whirrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, stop." "whirrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, stop." you get the idea.

arrrrrrrrrrgggh! i want to scream! i know i should pray for that damn car to start running, but i cannot do it. maybe you might do it for me :)

ps. that car above is not the one. if i actually went outside to take a picture, i would most certainly say something i would regret. :)

7 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, sheesh. I wanted a post from you so badly today!

I will pray for the car

Right.
Now.

Anne said...

Bobbi...
I am finding the more that someone annoys me, the more they become a part of my life. The more annoyed with them I am, the more they won't go away. When I finally surrender and ask God to soften my heart to them He has opened my eyes to see the pain and brokenness that the person is in or faces. I will not pray for the car. But I will pray for opportunities for you to build relationship enough to impact this family's life for Christ. Be certain that every moment counts and every opportunity is a possible soul. It may be for such a time as this....
I know you have it in you. Put the fire to work! :)

bobbione8y said...

thanks annie ;)

the funny thing is, the guy IS a christian. this should make it easier, but has somehow made it HARDER to accept the riff.

i know God put him next to me for a reason. i do.

bobbione8y said...

of course i wish that reason was to change HIM, instead it is probably to change me...never as easy to swallow :)

Anne said...

Amen sister! preach! * wink *

cherk said...

Ouch, I hpe the darn car starts to, ahhhh the benefits of suburbia

bobbione8y said...

ps. he got the car started, about 8pm last night. i praise his persistence ;)