Thursday, October 29, 2009

my weak constitution

in the world of symbolism yesterday, i had a "glass not only half empty, but kicked over and the other half empty too" kind of day. i am pretty sure if i had grown up in the days with covered wagons going across the prairie, i'm the one who would have succumbed to the first mysterious ailment that came along, when there was no tincture to administer.

or, in more modern terms, i would probably be the first one kicked off the island ;)

i guess you could say i am not much good at being sick. i hate it!! even though i think God spared me from being TOO sick, as i asked. i never did actually vomit, although i wanted to...alot. i finally figured out my slight stomach upset was being enhanced by the theraflu, and the fact that i'd only eaten a brownie and a packet of sugar free jello in 36 hours.

let me tell you, that stuff is nasty. it took awhile before things settled, and i had a cup of noodles later in the evening, which helped. today, i am still woozey in the stomach, but toast sounds kind of pleasant.

i guess maybe sometimes, even the weak survive :)

5 comments:

carey said...

i swear that daily mt. dew keeps me strong as an ox :)

you would not be kicked off the island or out of the wagon, because you would be the one making the cool hats and accessories. those are vital to survival, friend. i am sure of it.

Karen said...

Just think how ugly the island would get decorated if they kicked you off. Purple shutters and boring curtains everywhere.

I'm shaking my head at your diet, lady. You eat like my husband. He complains often of stomach upset. He's polishing off a bag of Twizzlers right now, and we just came from Wendy's..

Cassie said...

LOL - Carey & Karen are funny gals...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Let me know if you need me to bring anything over and drop it off at your cute new doorstep. I'm AWESOME at making toast :o)

cherk said...

I so hope you are feeling better. I think I wouldn't have been a good pioneer either, my poor eye sight would have done me in right away

Chris said...

I know this is late, but I am glad you are now feeling better! I have to say I like how glass half full you really are even when you are under the weather.