Tuesday, October 20, 2009

octoberness











i always say i am going to clean up the yard/garden in the fall, and i never do. i think i know why, it makes me sad to see the deadness. i actually avoid even going outside when it gets cold out. since the freeze, i have not even stepped foot into my sun porch, which badly needs winterizing.

however, today, i set out with the new camera to take a look. some of it did make me sad. i don't think i will be able to tackle the back yard this year. it was neat to walk back there, though, and see about a hundred birds happily chirping and playing in the dead stuff. they don't seem to notice.

there was also more life than i thought. and more beauty. a few things, like the pretty ivy that is still going strong, and the rosemary, are coming in the house with me for the winter.

:) i think i will go have tea out there later on today.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm.. fresh rosemary..
Am delaying the clean up as well.
Enjoy your cup o' tea ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bobbione8y said...

hi jill :)

yes, the rosemary is so tough. i sometimes save it, and sometimes don't...but i love love love the smell....


i notice the oregano and mint are still alive as well...who knew?!

Chris said...

Very pretty pictures. I think you captured Fall well.

Chris said...

Very pretty pictures. I think you captured Fall well.

Karen said...

Maybe while you're here decorating you could give me photography lessons, too.

:-)

I could send the WH over to the BackForty. He cannot stand the sight of fallen leaves, apparently. He's been out with his new leafblower TWICE already, and the leaves have just started falling.

carey said...

the shoes, people. the shoes. bob and i never have the same taste in shoes but those are so great.

how can no one notice the shoes?

Unknown said...

all those beautiful photos and all I can think of it,

I want those shoes...

oops guess Carey said that, too:)

bobbione8y said...

guys. these are my LAWN mowing shoes! they are really not that great!

K~ said...

I really like this blog. what a neat perspective. K~