Monday, June 30, 2008

the boy gets a hobby...




...and it goes perfectly with my garage sale obsession. yep, furniture refinishing! woo hoo. we started with a $7 coffee table for his new apartment. which, so far, is empty.

he spent the majority of yesterday sanding. and sanding. and sanding. i always forget to take "before" photos, but this is close. i will keep you posted on the progress.

and yes, we worked on the bathroom too. the latest is that all the plaster is falling off the walls since we scraped the paint. ah. someday, i will pee in a pretty place! i will!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a great hobby. My hub has a thing for refinishing, too. I suggest that you buy that boy a surgical mask so he doesn't start hacking up wood-balls.

K~ said...

He looks like a regular crafter. Tell him not to be too good, or I will have to send a few things his way to do for me. K~

carey said...

oh, my vacuum cleaning fingers itch just looking at those photos.