Monday, June 23, 2008

pictorial of progress

yes, i said progress. whilst i was out visiting my family yesterday, my honey the carpenter spent 5 hours pounding and scraping, and we now have almost all the wood up in the bathroom. i am starting to appreciate the process, vs. wait for the results. and just as karen is painting all her walls in color, i am scraping all the color off mine :)



now where is that dustbuster when i need it?!

and who needs a sink in the bathroom, when you can have it in the hallway?! please just nevermind the dirty underwear in the background (a whole trail of clothing, actually). it seems the carpenters in my house decide to just take a shower if they get hot and sticky during the remodeling...


oh. the site of walls getting covered up again. and plumbing. real live plumbing.


and electricity too! what does a girl do to deserve this?!


thankfully, my big jug of calgon awaits when this whole ordeal is over :) not anytime soon, but sooner. whew.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ok, so I wasn't going to say anything until I can post pics, but we deconstructed the half bath over here, too. And, um, you're scaring me. We took out the ugly sink and cabinet, the Monkey stripped wallpaper, KP and I painted it in Herbal Wash and the plan is to put up white beadboard wainscoting (is that what it's called when it goes halfway up?) and get a pedestal sink. Oh, and tile for the floor. I hope, hope, hope that it doesn't take long, because I'm already sick of runnning upstairs every time I have to pee.

P.S. I need cute fabric for my kitchen windows. Something funky-patterned to match Herbal Wash. Any thoughts?

bobbione8y said...

oh no. you will be fine. we just discovered the walls were rotten, all the plumbing had to redone, and the electric was not to code.

your much newer house will not have those time suckers attached to it!

herbal wash. ummmmmmmmmm.

oh ps. that is wainscotting that i am getting too. great minds, eh?!

Karen said...

Oh, sheesh. Mi casa is only 29 years old. Isn't Mabel 60ish?

It looks like you have bead board AND wainscoting, am I right? I like. I have a whole new language to learn over here. :-)

K~ said...

I like how it started with a new sink and now there simply is no sink! K~