Monday, June 09, 2008

salad days

the lettuce is flowing big-time around here now. karen, you must plant some! i actually ate this WHOLE BOWL full for lunch, with a crazy mixture of vinegar, sugar, and half & half just like gramma used to make. next time, i'll probably stick with kraft something or other. still. yummy.


look at what is ripening up! my strawberry barrel was dismal this spring, only a few plants remained alive, these guys were in the ground SURROUNDING the stupid barrel. i couldn't bear to part with them, but had no other location. so they are currently growing in a 4" pot with almost no dirt. hmmmmphh. so much for my efforts.


oh yeah. and i finally busted out the legs this weekend. it was a difficult decision, given the 45+ years of cellulite, and the streaky self-tanner look over white white skin. but what the hey, nobody sees me but the cat. wouldn't you know, it's chilly out today, i guess maybe God is trying to tell me it might be best to keep my long pants on :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dude. I'm planting tomatoes, peppers, basil, cilantro and LETTUCE on Monday.

Monday. Did you hear that??

Karen said...

Oh, and I love your toes!

I have a leg pic of my own to post once the packers leave.

K~ said...

Man, i was looking at my legs yesterday. and da**it, i am wearing shorts anyway! :-)K~