Tuesday, June 17, 2008

garden buddy

every spring i look forward to seeing him again. he's been here since before i was here, and he always seems pretty comfortable with me, like we are old friends. i was starting to get worried, because i had not seen him yet this year, although phillip said he had a spotting a few weeks ago.

but this morning, as i was heading out for the morning walk-about, he popped out from under a bush by the steps.



he seems good! fatter than before, and i think possibly a little older and more mellow. he's still a hunter though, i am pretty sure i have him to thank for the controlled bunny population around the garden.



he likes to make himself at home :) welcome back, loco, i have missed you!



also spotted peaking out from under a leaf this morning: the first yellow zucchini. stir fry, here we come!

7 comments:

KristieLou said...

I am have those same shoes on today ;)

(sometimes we are scary)

KristieLou said...

Hi I also can not write or spell. I was going to say...

I have those same shoes on today ;)

Unknown said...

What does Siesta think of the yearly visitor? That's what I want to know...

Take care!

Hummingbears Den said...

Your yard is beautiful. My yellow zucchinis are popping out also.

You remind me a lot of my mother - your spirituality, and also the way you find joy and appreciation in the little every day things like cats and zucchinis and old screen doors. It's the art of cherishing.

Unknown said...

WE LOVE YELLOW, too! My neighbor had never seen them before so we swapped garden goodies last year and she cleaned out our crop, I planted twice as many this year and I hope they grow.Unfortunately, the garden is a little slow here. But I have high hopes. Now that I have to water it instead of the rain we may be in trouble:)

bobbione8y said...

thanks for the comments girls :)

april - only one comment there. she was standing on her hind feet staring out the screen door with a "i cannot believe you are cheating on me" look on her face :))))

i hope you are doing well!

K~ said...

He is a bit fatter then usual. Well aren't we all. He is not a she??? I love the squash photos. They look like they are wearing little hats. K~