Thursday, June 19, 2008

garden update

my fave flower right now is this turtlehead. if you zoom in, you'll see what a crazy flower this is. very pretty color, too.

i love the morning walk-around in the garden. it's my chance to see what developed overnight. sometimes, big things happen. other times it's just an exercise in patience to see that jalapeno flower almost, ALMOST ready to make a fruit. not quite today, though.

the herb bucket is just exploding. herbs are SO easy to grow. they are really just like weeds. i've got chives, mint, sage, basil (about a hundred kinds), thyme, lavender and oregano growing in there right now.

and probably the biggest surprise for today, yep, i have a real live tomato in da house. it's on the "early girl" of course, and is the size of a large pea. won't be too long, though!!! yum.

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

I am so envious of your herb bucket! I have a very small one out back and I am having a hard time getting those to grow. I used them when I first got it and LOVED it but nothing has replaced what I've used. HELP!! I water them everyday and they're not in direct sunlight. If I could, I would be over to your place with my snippers in hand to "borrow" your herbs! They are beautiful!

bobbione8y said...

oh hi DeAnn!

i wish you were here, i snip em and never use em :)

i have no secrets, but i have my old wash tub in a part sun/part shade spot. i use a little miracle grow soil in the spring, and forget to water them most days. they are silly happy :)

come over anytime and get some!

Unknown said...

My herbs have not even sprouted. I think I will dig up the pot and plant flowers :(.

I love the purple flowers, when we were in Hawaii, they had these flowers that look like birds...it was cool.

K~ said...

I have some buds coming on my tomatos. The plant do like where they are. I think they will do well this year. I hope to get more red tomatoes then pear ones. I just like the taste of the red ones better. I love turtle head. I don't get that to do much in my garden, but it is cool to look at. K~

Karen said...

Oh, dear Lord in Heaven. I am coveting that herb garden. It might just be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I need a wash tub.