Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the magic day




i guess it's become obvious to my blog friends that i am not getting married...yet. after a rocky couple of months, a lack of time to plan, and a sense that "we are just not quite ready yet" - we decided to postpone the wedding this summer. thankfully, phillip found a new apt. really easily. he had a nine-month lease, and we figured that's about how long it would take until we were ready to get married. except that when we went for him to sign the lease, the lady had accidentally made it out for 1-year. we impulsively said "what the hey" and decided to sign it anyway.

so, he has an apartment until june 30, 2008.

right away, my wheels began clicking that little ole NON TRADITIONAL me would probably have to settle for an oh-so-ordinary june wedding. one good thing, is that i love summer, so i'll probably be in a good mood. ha.

phillip and i drove around the other day, and passed a wedding in nearby terrace park. i have always loved the japanese gardens there, and it's a much loved site of many walks when we were first dating. so, we decided to try to get a reservation for a park wedding. we won't know until next year (!) but i thought june 19th sounded about right. i asked phillip and he said "whatever you think, babe."

and today, i decided to ask the Lord what He thought of that day. i looked up 6:19 at bible gateway, and the FIRST book of the bible, Genesis, says this:

"You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you."


whattya think?! :))))


i think june 19th it is.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, I'm crying! Crying and smiling. It sounds.perfect.

bobbione8y said...

:) yeah. i kind of cried too. it's just so good the way God talks to us when we talk to Him....i am very excited that it will be a good day for us.

Hummingbears Den said...

Congratulations!! Give Phil a big hug for us - and one back to you - from us!

K~ said...

That is so special Bob. I hope that is the day. I think it will be wonderful. What a neat way to do a daily devotional too. I think I may try that. K~

cherk said...

Today I have read ridiculously blessed in more then one blog here-I think it fits here for you. What better affirmation could you recieve.

Anonymous said...

that's wonderful! what a great confirmation from God -- you'll always remember that.

as a reluctant june bride (reluctant about the june part, not the bride part ;)), i must say there's a good reason a lot of people get married then. it's absolutely beautiful.

and june 19th will be one of the longest days of the year, so you'd have plenty of sunshine for your special day. ;)

bobbione8y said...

aw, thanks for the comments girls!

yes, ellen, i thought about that. june 19th is a friday evening. i kind of don't want to be stressed out and miss a saturday in the summer :))

ha. i'll probably be gardening the very next day!

Unknown said...

June 19th sounds like a wonderful date. I went to a wedding in the park this summer and it was GORGEOUS and wonderful and AMAZING and very, very, spiritual. I wish you even more than that on your special day...

Chris said...

Not sure you will read my comment, since I am slowly getting back into blog land, but I am sooooo happy for you and Phil. I have been thinking and praying for you guys, and it is easy to see God is working with the both of you. Hang in there, I have a feeling it will all be worth it come June 19th!