Sunday, July 27, 2008

shiny happy

as you might have seen on lou's lovely blog, we went flea marketing in a BIG way last week in minnesota. i was in heaven at the second hand rose!


so much so, that i came home and went on my own little extravaganza. i guess i went kind of nuts.


none of the stuff above cost more than $1. most of it was .20 or .25 cents. i have had this idea of making my own serving plates for my wedding, using old china. now i am changing my mind. what if i started collecting my own "fine china" set from old vintage finds? wouldn't that be fantastic? i can imagine the dinner party now :)))


and in the non-food category, here is my little dear (!) found at the flea market in minnesota. it's actually a self-portrait, if you look closely....

3 comments:

K~ said...

Oh my Bob. I would have had an anxiety attack! What a neat place. I LOVE the deer. I feel like I might have one of those from my grandma. I should look. K~

cherk said...

Wow, once again I am jealous of all the cool treasures you find, there is never anything that cool close to here.

Karen said...

The things we do for blog photos!

I'm so glad you had fun up north. We took a pic for you today, will try to post it after writing this. I've had a bit much wine, though, so no promises..