Saturday, July 19, 2008

creepy cool movie



we went to see "the dark knight" last night, on the first day it was out. is it so wrong to love movies that just creep you out? 'cause this one really did.

i already posted about my sadness when heath ledger died a few months back. the movie really reinforced that emotion, because the joker character was really such an acting feat. he was awesome. he was scarier than scary, and funny too. he was an exact opposite from my OTHER favorite heath ledger movie, a knight's tale, which is sweet and truly more fitting for his blonde good looks than this joker stuff.

the movie had other good characters, too. christian bale's batman character is extremely odd, but more likeable than some others have been. that is why batman is my favorite comic book hero, he is nuts. bale plays it with a lot of levels of nutsiness, but you kind of believe he is for real most of the time. he's cute, i never noticed that before :) oh. and the car. wow. i will not give away too much, but that car scared the crap out of me! it was super duper cool and fantastic.

okay, it's totally out there, i am a weirdo super hero comic book geek. but dang it, i'm proud of it. go see 'the dark knight' and you might become one too :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I don't want to be a downer, but for some reason I just can't do movies with recently deceased people in them. It creeps me out. This predates my mom's leaving, so it's not about missing her. I think it is more about the American tendency to "worship" someone who died as a result of being an idiot. I just can't get past the details of his death to enjoy the movie.

Ok, so that was totally downer. Sorry. Um, my hubby has a gazillion old comic books...I'll let you read them when you come. :-)

Unknown said...

I would like to see it, my mom saw Mama Mia and she said it was GREAT! I can't wait.

bobbione8y said...

but this is BATMAN, karen. he totally predates heath ledger dying for being an idiot :)

an there is no discounting that heath IS the best joker ever. sorry, jack nicholson!


but yeah. i know exactly what you mean. we are a country of worshippers of the wrong things, and heath ledger was one of them.

Chris said...

I ahve been debating seeing this one too. I really like Heath Ledger as an actor, and I was really sad that he died. I know I will be both creeped out and sad that he is gone. How weird is it that he played a character like that, that creepy make-up, just before he dies. Does anyone remember the Crow? That actor died towards the end of filming that one too. I made the mistake of watching that one late at night, by myself, with all the lights out. Afterwards, I couldn't fall asleep, I was so weirded out!

Karen said...

Ok. Moose wants to see this, so I guess I'll go. But I'm calling YOU if I can't sleep at 3:00 in the morning.