Monday, July 07, 2008

sweet (almost) completion

oh, i love the sound of that. after spending almost the entire weekend in the bathroom, i just want to stop and reflect at having joined the rest of the civilized world again.

i still have some things to do:
• caulk around tub
• touch up paint
• paint door and frame
• hang towel bar and toilet paper holder and towel hook
• frame artwork
• buy cute candles and smelly things

it was hard to decide on decor for this room. i love the light turquoise, but those who know me well know i need COLOR. finally decided on a beautiful deep red and pumpkin orange to go with the turquoise. i wanted desperately to find a beautiful coordinating fabric because i know one exists. did not, so for now i have all solid color.

which is okay, because i saw that i have this lovely little 25 cent garage sale tin that coordinates perfectly.

and my nate duval print, which will be very very cool in the space. gosh, i love art and design. my eyes are pretty happy right now, except for when i look in the mirror! whoops, guess i forgot to do that for the last 3 months....!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Whoopeeeee!!! I love love love it! Ohmygosh that beadboard looks cool. Did you paint it? We bought the kind that's already white..

We spent two hours during two separate trips to Lowe's picking out bathroom stuff. I saw your sink. :-) We came home all gung-ho and now can't get the toilet to come out...and have discovered a toilet leak. And need a hacksaw or something. And spilled half a gallon of herbal wash on the toilet lid. And gave up for the night, very crabby.

You give me hope.

bobbione8y said...

ah. that is what i am here for :))

i would not have done that if you had asked me a week ago!

we bought the real deal wainscotting that you have to put up in little 4" strips. thought it would be more authentic, and it was authentically a pain in the butt. but it looks like it's always been there, so that is good.

i painted it putty. i can never do totally white walls :)))

welcome to the nightmare, i will PRAY it goes quickly and painlessly! seriously, i will.

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful, bobbi! the walls are practically the same color as our bathroom. two years later, i'm still happy with the color.

have you tried amy butler's fabric? i found a great print for my kitchen that's got both of those colors in it. just a thought...

dontcha love that almost-done feeling! ;)

Cassie said...

beeeeeaauuuuuutiful! I am needing a house more and more these days. Hurry up and finish your cuteness so you can help me when I take the plunge into homeownership!

bobbione8y said...

cassie!

i just noticed your cute etsy notecards matches my bathroom :))

great minds, sister, great minds.

LOVE the cards.

bobbione8y said...

oh ellen!

guess what?! bella by amy butler does match!!

thank you :))))

K~ said...

Very nice bob! I just love the wainscotting. I think the change is just sweet. I wish I could see it in person this weekend. I will have to get down there soon. K~

carey said...

don't you all dare make me want to start decorating. it's summer, for crying out loud. let's go outside.

Anonymous said...

so i realized later that my nifty kitchen fabric is actually tracy porter (available only at joanns).

glad to know amy butler works though! :) i don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

cherk said...

Love it, if I walked into it I think I was in and ocean side cottage bathroom. I admire you for the colors-I am not good at pulling off anything in the blue sprectrum of the color wheel.