Friday, March 02, 2007

prayers


more than anything today, i need prayer.

see, beener is kind of deciding not to want to do this anymore. he's not in pain or anything, but after 2+ years of kidney disease, i think he is just tired. yesterday he had trouble walking in the morning (paralysis is a symptom of this crappy disease) but today he did get up when i coaxed him, and had a bit of rani's biscotti for breakfast.

after nearly 18 years, i am not sure what i will do without him.

i know that every time i look over at him, my keyboard gets kinda wet, and i start going over in my head all of the years we've been together.

every day is a gift, i know that for sure. today i think i'll just treasure one of the few i have left with him...

6 comments:

Karen said...

Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
Isaiah 49:12-14

"I, even I, am he who comforts you."
Isaiah 51:11

bobbione8y said...

yes, He does. comfort, that is.

been is sleeping peacefully, and i am resting today too :))

thanks, dear.

K~ said...

Bob, rest assured that you will know when and if it is time. I have been through it and so has Marsha. You are not being selfish, but loving. K~

Karen said...

That second verse is one God gave me when I was frantic with worry over both my husband and my mother. The connotation, to me, was that God personally comforts me. He doesn't send a messenger to do it, doesn't delegate the task to an angel, but GOD HIMSELF comforts me. I dig that.

Unknown said...

oh B! I am praying for you and been...

carey said...

I don't even know what to say. I know how much you love Been, and my prayers are with you. I hope you are ok.