Sunday, March 04, 2007

one track mind

yesterday, phillip and i were talking. i said to him "hmmmm. there is something i've been meaning to talk to you about all week, and i keep forgetting."

in an attempt to help me remember, he said:

is it about been, or siesta?
is it about work?
is it about God?
is it about shopping or crafts?
is it about taxes?
is it about getting new windows?

yep, on the 6th try he guessed. it was about my friend Kristie saying that she put spray insulation in her old house, which helps with the heating costs. just like the new windows i want...

sure. it's great that he seems to know me that well, but here's the thing. am i SO PREDICTABLE that he knows exactly what i am thinking about in only 6 trys? i need to expand my repertoire...

:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Think about it from this angle instead: God gave you someone who has taken the time to know you so well that he can "read" your mind. I bet you can do the same for him, and I think it's SO cool. We do that around here, to an almost frightening degree, and I always love it. Well, except for when what I'm reading on his mind is irritating or not what I want to hear..

bobbione8y said...

see, that is the thing.

i now want to "surprise" him with stuff he doesn't know about me, because he was kinda smug when he guessed what had been on my mind!

he he. you are right. THAT is a blessing i never ever thought i would have in a spouse.

carey is pretty good at it too, tho :)

Karen said...

Yeah, I get it. Don't know what hope to offer, though. It sounds as though you are wonderfully, divinely connected. You may just want to let that one go.

:-)