Tuesday, March 06, 2007

anthropleeeeeeeassse


one of my favorite online stores is anthropologie. i love the design of the site, and the overall aesthetic seems to fit me pretty well. it's new stuff that is made to look old, for the most part. back when i was a size 5, i did buy a few clothing items there too. now, i probably would not buy a $200 pair of fat pants :)

anyway, the place is expensive. my girlfriend who regularly buys shoes there is always on a guilt trip for the fed ex boxes she receives from them. but the pretty stuff keeps wooing her back.

i admit that usually i just look at the pictures. but today, for the first time, i am not so impressed. take a look at this "bird chandelier" which any kid in grade school could make, given some craft store fake birds and a bale of chicken wire (well, kids should probably not play with chicken wire).

i seriously think it's a "fun" look for the right place (like a graphic designer's office!) but the COST is what got me rolling my eyes: $798!

?

i'd like to know how many people have enough loose change rolling around that they'd be willing to spend $800 on THAT. and then i'd like to tell them they need to get a life.

4 comments:

KristieLou said...

Oh, we could totally make that. It is really beautiful but $800?
:)

bobbione8y said...

i know i know!!!

i want one. i am going to hunt for old funky birds this summer at antique store :))

and save about $790!

Susan said...

I am sure it will be on the clearance table here at our store, because no one in their right mind would pay $800 for that.

If you would like I am sure I would be able to pick it up for $599. Still outrageous.

I love the store, but only buy from the clearance room. I am sure when I walk in they all go, "Here's that cheap lady again making a bee line for the back."

I will be on the lookout for funky bird stuff at estate sales up here.

bobbione8y said...

oh man. i've never been in the real actual STORE.

sometimes i'm glad i live in the middle of NOwhere.

:)