Friday, March 16, 2007

new tricks...


on a whim yesterday, i decided to buy a fancy schmancy new software upgrade for my computer - $582 bucks worth! that is plain silly, but i have very few substantial business investments for my company, so i have to bite the bullet for the few important items.

a friend called and asked me if i had it, and it got me thinking i needed to get with it and make the purchase.

today, i am both happy and sad ... i am like an old puppy (not dog) trying to learn new tricks! at the same time, i have dreams that i will be able to make new and cool things i have never made before!!!

this package allows me to do some very neat things. the one i am most excited about, is that you can take photos and transform them into "line art" or basically drawings. look out for new and improved Beener artwork to memorialize my old boy, kind of like andy warhol tomato soup cans :)

i am old enough to remember the days when you could not sit in your office and invent any image under the sun, but i really like this day in age better!! okay, going to keep playing :))

2 comments:

Karen said...

Holy Smokes (or cats, as Susan would say), that is a lot of money. I can't wait to see how your investment pays off.

How high was the Shopping High for that one???

bobbione8y said...

um, i am used to that when it comes to software. actually, this is not even the real thing, it was an UPGRADE!!

my computer is a nice little chunk of change, but i guess it is my bread and butter too.

no shopping high. kind of like buying a scalpel if you are a surgeon :))