Monday, March 05, 2007

green thumb



well, i had a look at the back forty this weekend, seems like the only activity back there belongs to the bunnies.

but not to be discouraged, i set up a little "growing station" in my office this weekend. it's the only south window i have, and there is not alot of room. but it appears that i have 80 opportunities to start seedlings, so i will go with that. frankly, most of my seeds will just wait and go directly into the ground in may.

i had been endlessly researching grow lights and heat mats and artificial growing conditions, when it struck me that to grow plants, you need: dirt, light, heat and water. all things available to me by the Lord in His time, not by seed catalogues and my own impatience!! ha. so, i am praying that at least a couple things come up, but if not, i will just have to wait a few more weeks to let nature take it's course!

happy monday!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lessons in patience are so not my favorites. Take this one and run with it, it seems to be deeper than your snow. :-)

DeAnn said...

wow, am I behind or what on your blogs...I'm still reading and hope your seedlings take root and grow until the day you can take them out. Happy Monday to you too..

Susan said...

Spring is coming!!!!

K~ said...

That sounds fun. I never had luck planting my seedlings after they grew. Any suggestions? K~

bobbione8y said...

one step at a time, kirst, one step... :)