Saturday, March 24, 2007

call me ghandi


well, one nice day was nice. yesterday i had a great time on the Back Forty, even if it was alot of work.

but today is kinda soggy, so after running errands, cleaning house, and an awful trip to the mall to find a professional outfit of some sort (no luck, i think i am better off in farmer circles from now on) - i came home to a few gardening blogs.

a lot of gardeners seem to be rather liberal in their thinking, i have noticed. one of the more flamboyant ones had a TEST on her blog, and it appears my political compass is also still more to the left, although i think less so than when i was young and thought much differently about things than i do now.

anyway, i layed my chart on top of some famous ones they had on the site, and wha-la, there i am! right next to ghandi! i admit i "guessed" on some questions that were too hard to figure out, so i am quite sure i'm not exactly like ghandi. for one thing, i most decidedly NOT hindu, i also am more into feasting than fasting.

he he. take a look if you want to see where you fall...

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index

7 comments:

SDGuy91 said...

hmmm...I guess I can't post an image with my results.

Anyway, I was right on the line above where you were at and just a little more to the left.

We're a lot more similar than I would have guessed :-)

bobbione8y said...

well, in politics anyway...not the most important thing in the world, right?

hint, hint.

Karen said...

Not sure how accurate that was...I'm about where sdguy is, but like you, not sure I "get" all the questions (concerning free market, etc.). Plus, many of my anwers (in my head) were "yeah, if..." answers and not black-and-white.

Interesting, exercise, though. I studied Ghandi extensively in grad school--would have loved to have had dinner (or not) with him.

bobbione8y said...

well, i think that the fact that you and i (karen, that is) share politacal ideology with Ghandi reflects the fact that there is TRUTH in all religion, but still does not mean that all religion is THE TRUTH.

i stand by this when faced with the attack of the liberals who say that all Christians are right-wing nuts.

i think it's a great way to belittle our God, but i think it's way too narrow to categorize him as right or left...

btw, notice they do NOT put Jesus on the chart?!?

Karen said...

Amen, sister! I did notice that Jesus is absent from the chart. Very interesting, indeed.

K~ said...

Me, you and Ghandi :-) I was up by about 1/4" and over by about the same from Ghandi. K~

ps. I too am not the faster :-)

Karen said...

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...are you ok??