Monday, August 28, 2006

what the heck is this?



so yesterday i was out for a second, and i caught a flash of something in the phlox plant...it was moving really really fast. for a second, i really thought it was a hummingbird, it was a couple inches long and seemed to have a "needle" that it was inserting into the plant to extract nectar.

i ran into the house to get the camera, but he was a little too quick for me. when i uploaded the shots, i see that he has antennae - hmmmm - anybody know what this IS?

a hummingbird impersonator moth? if so, just like watching fake Elvises in Vegas, i enjoyed the show anyway :)

2 comments:

Erika Tysse said...

Bobbi! Yay! I found you! Thanks for the positive comments regarding my business endeavors. Eeek, not sure I am ready for HARD work, not used to that! But, i am ready to try I guess! I will be checking back to see what you are up to...

K~ said...

Gypsy Moth?? It is a moth of some kind. I will slooth it out for you. Really neat!! K~