Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Should I be afraid?





I know it's generally not a good sign to find grasshoppers in the garden. For some gardeners, i think that's even a pretty good sign of bad things to come. But gosh darn it, they just look SO COOL. This little guy totally watched me while i was crawling around and fumbling trying to get the best shot. And he never moved, i'm pretty sure he has his eye on the big tomato right out of frame. Okay, since you're so cute, you can have it :)

One thing i'm very pleased with is my new "flower find" this summer, my blackberry (i think that they are also called "candy") lilies. I got the orange one at a fantastic nursery in St Paul (Highland Nurseries) and the other two i have, i got on clearance at Lewis Drug. For the record, they all seem nice. Someday i want to have a "clearance" garden filled with all of the cheap stuff i've saved from death at the end of the season. Some are duds, but some are awesome!

Enjoy, happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

K~ said...

That grasshopper is so cute. He seems so fresh, like he just molted. Do they molt? I need to google that. I am loving your candy irises. What is the yellow one name??