Thursday, August 17, 2006

One of those days

See, i knew this day would come... the day that i would have to be totally honest in a not-very-flattering way about myself, right here on my spanky clean spotless blog.

And although i'm not entirely ready for it, today is that day.

I am a mess today, and i don't like it when i'm a mess. Between lost computer disks, and needy clients, and dinging emails and a computer that is still "poofing" and too darn much work to get done by Friday (my zen day), and just general disorderliness, i realize what a sham my life is! See, the thing is, most of it could be avoided. but i procrastinate in EVERY area of my life, and every once in awhile (okay, far too often) it bites me in the butt.

Today my biggest stress is that my good friends in St Paul want to stop by and stay over here in SF with me in a couple of weeks. Not a big deal, right? I mean, i totally miss them (the whole family of five!!) and they hardly EVER come this way! Well, it kind of IS a big deal if you consider that my "guest room" in the basement is riddled with year-old cat pee infested carpet, mounds of size 5 and above clothing (last time i was a size 5? 1999...) and too many other piles of unidentified junk to mention. i don't think about it too much, i just avoid going downstairs. Which usually works pretty well.

Til today, when my whole nice tidy little world of denial comes falling around my ankles.

There you have it - the real, blogorific me.

2 comments:

SDGuy91 said...

Oh B - you're always so chipper! It's hard to believe you have days like this, but in some slightly twisted way it's nice to know that from time to time you feel the way I feel most days. Well, minus the cat pee infested carpet and size 5 clothes anyway :-)

Glad to hear your zen day is going better.

bobbione8y said...

yeah - i hope the Lord doesn't mind that I call it a zen day, He knows what i mean :))