Sunday, August 13, 2006

Shrooms



Oh, how funny to live in SD...what was a crunchy brown lawn is now a breeding ground for a little crop of mushrooms, makes me remember the days when i grew em myself in the back of my chevy cavalier (that's a whole nuther story)...anyway, they seem to like their home by the sidewalk.

yesterday was huge ... I made my very first canned salsa, my friend Jane's recipe from about 20 years ago. 12 pints, that's a pretty good haul. My hands burned from cutting jalapenos for about 3 or 4 hours, yikes. Funny story there, my friend Jane recounts often of how the 1st time she made this recipe with her buddy Wayne, he unwittingly decided to go to the bathroom in the middle of cutting the jalapenos, and had to go to the emergency room! ha ha ha. God should have put a caution sticker on those little guys :)

Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, "Hosanna! " "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" Mark 11:9

1 comment:

SDGuy91 said...

Salsa looks great B! Don't forget to drop off a jar for me :-)

And I'm anxiously awaiting your next post that will talk more about the shrooms in the old cavalier :-)