Friday, August 04, 2006

Just In Time



Well, it looks like some of my weekend plans are coming together. My backordered food dehydrator just showed up on my doorstep, courtesy of FedEx!!

I am excited, it was quite a big purchase, but i have always wanted to try dehydrating! i will also probably can some salsa here as the tomatoes come in, but this will be a nice thing to have as well. I am going to do some tomatoes, and maybe even buy a lug of peaches if they look nice - yummy!! Hopefully my mom and dad will have some apples for me this fall too, i want to dry some apple snacks for those winter "sweet attacks"!

I love being a farmer!!

1 comment:

K~ said...

Hey Bob, I love to read your blog. Because I write in mine almost daily, I never seem to get more then that done. I am home alone for about another hour or so. I thought I would catch up on some quiet time stuff after digging our and I mean digging our stuff from the basement!! I am itchy and tired.
I am going to comment on some of your old blogs, so check them out. LOVE your dehydrator. Funny you get excited about dehydrators, and I get excited about turtles, etc. I guess you are a produce farmer and I am an animal farmer.

K!