Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A new week


i've got a whole new approach that i'm going to try out this week.

it's called 'watch and see.'


going thru the whole home-switching process has brought all kinds of extra stressors into my life. when that happens, i find myself becoming more and more inward-focused. my friend calls it 'navel gazing.' i think satan often plans it that way, if he can get us to concentrate on our troubles, and worry about figuring out a way to conquer them, he HAS us.

sadly, this happens to me often.







i am determined to find the blessing in this stressful time. i find peace in small measure, but i'm asking God for it to increase. He is showing me.


last night, after a good 'freebie' day at home, i fell into bed, and started to talk to God about finding Him in my mess. i opened my devotional for today, to sneak peek.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? Romans 8:35


time and time again, God assures me that His love for me is greater than my predicament. i need to press into this, however, so i asked God HOW do i know he is greater? well, i know, but how do i know to the point that i operate differently during my day?

the devo cautioned about using circumstances to measure God's love...because they are not indicative of His love, or work in our lives. and here was the nugget for me. the suggestion to 'watch and see' what God does in the circumstance. to EXPECT him in the circumstance. not necessarily to remove the trouble or change the reality of it, but to KNOW He is there. to look for the blessing of finding Him in the midst of trial.




i like that. i like that even now, when i am once again immersed, i can focus my attention on what God is up to, from the perspective of Him loving me, and me KNOWING He will show it.


folks, this is what it's all about. as i come up on the 10th anniversary of my acceptance of Jesus Christ, i want to live into His promises daily. i want to be the person He made me to be, to do the things He made me to do.

sigh...just a matter of watching and seeing.
happy tuesday!

No comments: