Monday, November 30, 2009

monday message


i hope everybody had a great holiday weekend. did you shop? i have not even made a christmas list yet. i guess i need to start thinking of that, but somehow i never do until much later in the game.

i did buy a cyber monday gift for me. in my church, it seems like everybody is reading the message bible now! i really like it, but i need my daily bible, too. so, i got "remix/pause" which sounds a little hip for the bible, but i am excited. new year, same God :)

i did discover people again this past weekend. not people overload, but just the right amount. from shopping at Lewis with the fam on thanksgiving, to hooking up with a blog friend IN PERSON, to laughing with old girlfriends who are *seriously* entertaining, to getting invited to my new/old worship gang when they reunite in january, it was all good. i guess it's true that we are made for community. i feel revived.

tell me about your weekends! i hope they were happy and full!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your weekend sounds sooooo nice. I am simultaneously in people overload/deprivation. I left early to pick kids up today, just so I could sit in the car ALONE for 10 minutes.

T-minus 36 hours till the house guests leave.

bobbione8y said...

i was going to mention that if you do in fact PLAN for 2 2-week visits from the in-laws each year, no matter HOW much you like them,

you are a nominee for sainthood :)

can hardly wait to have you back...

Rachel Knoblich said...

For me...lots of late nights with baby McKale...lots of ornament making. I had to miss church because of no sleep Saturday night...so my week is starting off not how I want. Going to church Wednesday night to decorate for Christmas...get to make soup and bring it for dinner. Hope that will perk my week up. I need to see adults...not just kids and babies!

Karen said...

Sigh. I am jonesing for you, too. I have managed an ever-keeled and sunny disposition for the entire visit...until last night when everyone in the house felt my wrath. I need to be alone. I need to read my bible. I need to exercise. I need to quit eating.