Tuesday, December 01, 2009

rollercoasterama




today was a slow ride to a major meltdown. sometimes, i think my 'emos' are the most active part of my being. i just let em take me wherever they will. today, they took me to a not-so-good place.

then, this afternoon, i started to get a grip. i mean, nothing earth-shattering has happened, i just got my feelers hurt. and hurt feelers HEAL. sigh. i was still allowing myself to feel pretty bad, after telling lou and carey both about the injustices i have endured...

then, suddenly, i walked into my living room (before 5pm, but still it was dark outside) and looked around at my house. and it dawned on me.

christmas lights fix EVERYTHING.

:) happy nite all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ryan spent 6 hours on Sunday running to all the Lewis Drugs to get the LED Christmas lights he wanted. He got what he thought was enough, put them up in the dark on Sunday night and when he came in he said he needed more (twice as many as he bought)BUT the kids were so excited no matter what the cost. Suppossedly we won't have to buy lights for the next 20 years. Do you believe that? I don't. Nonetheless, I hope multicolored lights that make your ranch style home look like a gingerbread house are in style for the next 20 years...

Happy Tuesday dear friend:)

Karen said...

Oooooh. I need me some Christmas lights. And about 16 hours of sleep. And to make up with the Wonder Hub. Sigh.

cherk said...

Glad your roller coaster day ended on a high note, the "emo" parts of us aren't always fun (from a friend with those same kind of parts) I so want some twinky lights here the family christmas "nazi" hasn't even got started yet, heck my fall stuff-including a jack o lantern is still up!