Thursday, December 17, 2009

art and conversation

i've been meaning to write about this since last week, but somehow keep forgetting.

remember when i was talking about doing a "salon-style" collage of pictures for my wall? i learned something about the origin of the phrase when lou and i went to a "salon-style" art show last week at a friend's house. our friend sara had a college roommate (artist) visiting from new york, and she put her paintings up around the house willy-nilly (propped up and sitting everywhere) and invited people over to eat hors doevres and look at art and chat. apparently, this fashion of art show became popular in the 1600s in france - who knew!! i felt extremely grown up. i guess because i wasn't home in my pajamas watching top chef :)

it was SO FUN! it didn't hurt that maryanne is a wonderful artist!!! lou and i wandered around in delight, and got really, really close to all the art. mmmmmmmmm.

oh. and lou was the first to succomb. her painting is fabulous. i am slightly jealous, but it was meant for her....i plan on visiting it quite frequently.


and my little birdie print? well, i guess you could say it was meant for ME. :))

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, wow. I would say that one is DEFINITELY meant for you!

I hope I get to visit it one day..

bobbione8y said...

REAL art is good :)

KristieLou said...

Real art is a very, very good thing!

I forgot to tell you I took my art to the framer on Monday. Can't wait to hang it on the wall in the living room and I think I found new curtains at Target...and then I have to quit spending money!!!

bobbione8y said...

yay!!

maybe i can come visit it soon :)

Karen said...

KristieLou--Please tell me about your new curtains! My new ones are from Target and would match your painting BEAUTIFULLY!