Friday, December 04, 2009

it's not about grapes

i was going to call this post "grapes of wrath" or "sour grapes" - but, there are no grapes in the story. still, it's a pretty good story.


let's get right into it. i hate these things. they are the WRATH that causes me to have sour grapes ;) it's a leaf blower, and as you may well know, my neighbor loves his. just when i was thinking that leaf-blowing season was over, i heard the unmistakable sound, last night around 9:30 pm.

oh. words cannot describe the feelings of anger that welled up. i peeked out the window to see him merrily blowing SNOW with his leaf blower. yep, it is a multi-purpose tool. except it's main purpose seems to be driving me crazy. very useful for that.

i decided to turn up the volume on 'real housewives' and try to forget. not very successful. it kept going and going and going...and all of a sudden, i FREAK out and think "my LORD, it's getting LOUDER! will he never be done?! we have like a DUSTING of snow!! has he ever heard of a SHOVEL?"

lots of other thoughts.

until i look out my window, and i see a burly man in a thinnish sweatshirt sort of thing, wind swirling and trying to tuck under a hoodie in the cold,


leaf blowing MY sidewalk.







bet you didn't see that one coming, did ya?


me either. but i am thankful for it. i sense a treaty of some sort is in order. and that the thought i have been entertaining in my head to make his family some christmas cookies is probably a good one.

:)

7 comments:

Anne said...

OH Hurray!!!!!
This is going to melt your stone cold heart Ebenezer Scrooge!
Ha! Just kidding... but I am very glad at the outcome. :)
You could make him some porcupine balls!

Karen said...

Make ME some porcupine balls! Or at least tell me how to make them for myself.

I didn't see it coming, but since I could hear the neighbor's stupid barking basset hound the whole time I was reading, I had a great deal of empathy and then a great deal of joy.

Anonymous said...

Yummy cookies will make him :)

side note: we had a neighbor that actually vaccuumed (sp?) his landscaping rocks.

cherk said...

I love this story, it would definitely fit into Carey's "flipped" category

carey said...

you know my soft spot for burly guys with beards. i say cookies AND hot cocoa next time you see him out there with the leaf blower.

bobbione8y said...

no beard. but you can picture whatever you want in your head, care...:)

bobbione8y said...

ps. karen. anne is joking about the porcupine balls. they are horrendous.